Thursday 19 April 2012

this can't be true

I'm starting to think that I'm living in some sort of alternate universe at the moment. Today is my 4th good day in a row. If you know me personally, you'll know that's both odd and quite the achievement. 

I dug one of my old scarves out this morning. Although, by ''old'', what I mean is that I haven't worn it in a long time. It was a present from Danny and Eliza last year, I believe, and I love it but I never seem to wear it. Perhaps I shouldn't be quite so happy about a scarf, but I'm certainly not going to complain about the fact that I am...

This morning was fairly eventful. Fern became the third of us (Eliza was first, then me) to fall victim to the college field and it's general love of making people fall in mud. English (period 1) was also quite eventful - since Monday the network hasn't been working properly and the computers all died when we were attempting to finish coursework. The deadline is Monday. Fun times. It gave Stevan and I the opportunity to to laugh at Poland memories from last July and provided me with today's quote of the day. He asked me the name of the male teacher who came with us, and I answered him appropriately. His response was the following: "is it true that he wrote a song for Bo Selecta?" - definitely gonna have to look into that one...

Psychology was fairly uneventful, but I met Jess after and we walked up to the lab for break together. The following happened:

I'm pretty sure I've also done that in the past, if I'm being honest. Still, it provided us with some breaktime amusement. I suggested that she stayed there for Spanish to see if Ester noticed, but she wasn't so keen on that idea...

Upon arriving home, I was greeted by one very sad looking guinea pig and one bored rabbit. I always feel bad for them when it's rainy because they have to sit outside in their hutches and it's miserable. Plus, with all the good weather we'd been getting used to recently, they've both been enjoying spending their days sunbathing. Poor things. Anyway, it didn't take long for me to cheer Peanut (the guinea pig) up...
The rabbit wasn't interested, but she ate hers later :)


We all received an email with leaving day arrangements in it earlier. I'm not really sure what I think about the whole 'leavers' day' thing. At school, it was wonderful and emotional because it was the culmination of five years of being one big family. At college, it doesn't feel as important somehow. But, in many ways, I'm looking forward to our last week. I'm looking forward to moving on instead of feeling like I'm being forced to - I am, but I'm happy about it. 

Anyway, I have (yet another) Psychology assessment in the morning, so I'd better go and get some more revision done. Song of the day is Drive By - Train.

Rx


No comments:

Post a Comment