Monday 16 April 2012

everyone will alter

I find it ironic that, while I am preparing to move into the next phase of my life, everything seems very familiar. 


When I left school, I quoted this song in the yearbook:
"If you hear nothing, learn from nothing, then you teach nothing when it's your turn." 
And now, "everyone will alter".


There's something in the air at college right now. We have a month and a half left there, and there's an odd mixture of excitement and nervousness about the future hanging around. Friends are, perhaps deliberately or perhaps unconsciously, drifting away from certain people that they know they won't see again after college, couples seem to be breaking up all of the time, those who are going to university are completely grade-focused... Everyone seems to be thinking about something different. 


But this, this is nothing in comparison to the way everybody is going to change when the summer comes and some of us start to move away. Everyone will alter.


So, in the right now, it makes sense to 'make the most of what's left - 44 days. 


44 days.


It's scary, but it's thrilling at the same time. In fact, I can't wait to leave and move on. 


Everyone will alter, but I don't think I mind...


R x

No comments:

Post a Comment