Tuesday 8 May 2012

there's no point in fighting

Not much to say today. It was mine and Jade's last Amnesty group meeting and I'm not sure what I feel about it. Primarily, I think it's sadness because I'm going to miss it. I sat in the office this morning and counted up all of the signatures we've recevied on petitions etc this year and took in everything we've got hanging around in boxes. Unlike last year, we haven't yet officially handed over to the Y12s who will be taking over our roles next year, so I'll be in the office again before we all leave on the 30th. I think it was a poignant reminder that I am actually leaving, and soon at that. 

But, back to the group. I've loved this group of people this year. They're all lovely and special in their own ways and it's been so good working with so many committed people. I'll miss our random conversations - mainly about Spanish and Jade's random comments - and the fun times we've had. I remember handover day last year quite clearly - it seemed like such an important event, much more so than this year.

Today was also another Starbucks Tuesday. As usual, it was fairly eventful, with the gear stick deciding to fall apart while I was turning a corner. Oh, that was awkward... I sometimes think that the non-drivers among us are better off, I really do...

We have three of these left. Three more weeks of coffee and confiding in one another about life and everything that we need to say. Again, it saddens me to think that something so wonderful is coming to an end. It doesn't seem fair that I've hated college, but the best and most important parts of it are coming to an end along with the misery that it's given me for almost two years of my life. I can't remember how to move on from something like this. Maybe I need to stop thinking of everything as being so important, but I just don't know. 

I don't really have any words that will do anything enough justice at the moment.

SOTD is Keane - Silenced By the Night

Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment