Tuesday 14 August 2012

liebster award

First things first, half of this post is in orange. I have no idea how or why, but it won't change. Apologies. I'm also using a rubbish keyboard, so the spelling errors are entirely due to sticky keys.

So, you know that ''I'll do it tomorrow'' statement in my last post...that went well, didn't it? Life got in the way, and now my laptop is currently being virus-scanned while I type this on the other computer in the house. Isn't modern technology great...?

Anyway, as promised, here is my Liebster Award post :)

I was tagged by two people, firstly by Gabriella from Love From Londres and then also by Jane from Jane's Jumbles. To quote Gabriella's post "the award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers (or friends) who deserve recognition and support for their contribution in the blogosphere." It was lovely of them both to tag me :)

There are a set of rules that we're told to follow, and they go as follows:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions set for you and create 11 questions of your own for the people you tag
- Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post
- Go to their blog and let them know that you nominated them
- No tag backs
- Only bloggers with less than 200 followers

Facts about me
1. My name means 'ewe' and is a Hebrew name. I can also write it using the Hebrew alphabet, which definitely compensates for the odd meaning (רחל).
2. I did a World Challenge in 2010.
3. My ultimate not-so-guilty-pleasure is Eurovision.
4. I can speak Spanish and am teaching myself Swedish.
5. I have a guinea pig called Peanut and a rabbit called Dusty.
6. I have met/interacted with all of my favourite comedians (see photos on sidebars).
7. I have just finished college/sixth form and hated it.
8. I was once rollerbladed over by a member of the girlband All Saints.
9. I once email-interviewed Jason Manford with a friend for our school newspaper.
10. I'm currently going through a real phase of only watching Pushing Daisies.
11. I'm a vegetarian.

Questions from Gabriella:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? - I'd travel to all of the places on mine and my friends' year eight list of random places, but also Sweden and Croatia again.
2. Name something next to you? - Three of my dad's guitars and a Wii Fit board.
3. If you were an animal, which one would you be? - I'd like to be a guinea pig or a duck, no real explanation though.
4. Name your favourite make-up/beauty all time brand? - Drugstore is probably Rimmel, otherwise I quite like Urban Decay.
5. What TV show could you not live without? - Most comedy panel shows, and Not Going Out.
6. Vampires or werewolves? - Neither.
7. Can you speak any other languages? - Spanish. bits of French that I've remembered from school, some Swedish.
8. How many continents in the world have you visited? - Just Europe.
9. If you could change your name, what name would you rather have? - I used to really want a different name but now I actually love my name. I love that I can see the Hebrew-ness in it (i.e. the 'el' ending - Daniel and Harel are two other examples). If I had to pick, I'd use my middle name (Elizabeth)/
10. What is your favourite crisp/potato chip flavour? - Walkers Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations
11. Heels or flats? - Heels for occasions, flats if you're trekking about somewhere.

Questions from Jane:
1. What's your favourite film genre? - I don't really watch films much, but probably romantic comedy.
2. What's your favourite animal? - Rabbits or guinea pigs.
3. If you could be from any other country, what country would it be? - Australia, I just think I'd like it there.
4. What's your dream job? - I'm not realy sure. I think I'd quite like to be a teacher, but there's also a massvie part of me that wants to be a writer.
5. What do you and your friends enjoy doing the most together? - Moaning and going for coffee.
6. Do you play an instrument and if not, what instrument would you like to play? - I don't, but I'd like to be able to play the piano.
7. Do you have any siblings? - I have a younger brother called Daniel (hence his name as an example further up).
8. What's your favourite pizza topping? - Mushroom, but melted cheese actually makes me gag so pizza is always interesting for me.
9. Chocolate or sweets? - Either, but chocolate is more vegetarian-friendly.
10. Which season is your favourite - Without a doubt, summer. I'm really not a fan of winter.
11. How tall are you? - 5'5.

Questions I'm setting:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
2. Name a song that means something to you (and state why if you like)
3. Are/were you a student? If so, what do/did you study?
4. If you had to set yourself one goal for life, what would it be?
5. Somebody has made you your ultimate 3-course meal, what would the courses be?
6. If you could choose any language to speak (in addition to the language[s] you already speak), which would you choose and why?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. What is something you're particularly proud of?
9. Which would you rather see live? Stand-up comedy, live music or a play?
10. How old will you be in 5 years?
11. If you had two children tomorrow, a boy and a girl, what would you name them?

Who I'm tagging:
Because a lot of the blogs I would have tagged have already done it, I'm just going to tag Beckie (Procrastination) and Jess (do you believe in hallucinations?), who I know, and invite anybody reading this to do the tag too :)

Thanks for reading

Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment